We are prepared and ready to serve you! Our office will reopen on Monday, June 1st.
We appreciate your understanding and support during our time of closure in order to do our part to control the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We would also like to thank all of you for all you’ve done to help with flattening the curve. Our sincerest appreciation to all essential personnel who helped us face the disruptions this epidemic has caused to our daily activities.
While many of you have been forced to wait for your much-needed dental care, including regular preventive visits, we do believe maintaining the health of your teeth and gums serves to support overall health and wellness. Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we are ONLY opening because we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for all our patients and team members.
For your peace of mind, we will be taking the following measures to provide a safe dental treatment experience:
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- To the extent possible, appointments will be made to allow greater time between patients.
- We expect that these measures will reduce your wait time and the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. However, this may mean fewer options for scheduling appointments.
Prior to Your Office Visit
- You will be texted or emailed the medical, consent, and intake screening forms to review and submit prior to your appointment.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you arrive at the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will also take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer upon your arrival.
- Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
During Your Treatment
- Antiviral rinse will be provided before the procedure.
- During patient care, goggles and face shields will be worn by everyone and changed between patients.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear panels have been installed at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- We will ask patients to report if they experience any cold or flu-like symptoms up to 14 days following their office visit.
- Each care provider will be required to keep a daily temperature log as well as rinse their mouths daily with an antiviral rinse for added safety.
- Our whole team has been trained on the CDC guidelines for infection control and on the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks, gloves, face shields, and gowns.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be wiped with high-grade medical disinfectant. This includes the patient chair and the accessory chair where patients place their personal items.
- The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day, along with frequently touched objects (such as furniture, door handles, pens, keyboards, faucets, and phones).
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that your visit to our office will be a safe one. We will update these guidelines and procedures as necessary in accordance with public health guidance from state and local agencies.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we’ve taken to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To schedule your office visit, please call us at 973-257-0707, or submit an appointment request on our website at www.SmilesByDrD.com.
Thank you for being our loyal patient. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming back all our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. De La Rosa & Team
If you don’t see the information you are looking for, please give us a call so we can answer your questions.